Monday, October 18, 2010

the one about eyes

This week's post'll be a short one. Not much to talk about. The best thing that's happened is that we got in contact with the investigator who had been missing for over a month. We had a good meeting with him and it turns out he's been in the hospital with an injured shoulder. His desire to learn is still strong, and he came to church yesterday. It's a very good outlook for Fatjon.

A member who has some friends in some places got some ballet tickets and wanted to invite the mission president and his wife and a senior couple to go along with them. For some reason, we were the middlemen for the message. None of them could go, but for a perplexing reason, president said we could go ourselves. So we did. It was my first ballet experience ever, and I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. The ballet was one by Chopin, the albanian name was "Dhimbje dhe Dashuri", I don't know the name in English, it wasn't a straight translation. I didn't really know what to expect, but there was a lot of piano music and jumping people. I liked the music well enough, and most of the dancers were pretty talented. An enjoyable evening altogether.

We went to the hospital on Wednesday and got my eye checked out. They looked with the standard scope thingy and then laid me down and smeared goo on my eye. Then they grabbed a big black stick and rubbed it all over the goo. It took me a while until I realized they were doing an ultrasound-type scan on my eye. That was a relief. Then they knew where to look and put me in another room and took pictures of my retina with a camera-machine which I'm pretty sure would be loads of fun to mess around with. But anyways, they said I had some small hemorrhages on the retina. They said it wasn't too serious, but serious enough to have me come back in 10 days, so I'm going back on Saturday. Until then, I have to take it easy. Use the elevator, not lift heavy objects, stuff like that. I'm just grateful I can still eat. Don't worry, I'll keep an... eye... on it. (oh man, I've been waiting six days to make that joke. I was about to explode with anticipation just then. I love it.)

Elder Weaver

1 comment: