Monday, November 8, 2010

another one about patience

Another slow week here in Albania-land. But that's all right. Sometimes no news is good news. Actually, wait. Not in missionary work.

A few points of interest: A woman randomly walked up to us the other night and started talking to us. At first I thought, "Oh no, another nutter". But I soon felt bad for thinking that. She shared with us that her son had recently passed away... because of a gang... in a very horrific manner. All this time she kept her composure, but she almost started crying near the end. Holy cow. I can never feel what it's like to be a mother who's lost a child, but even my inaccurate attemps of sympathy cripple my heart. She asked us where he was right now and if she would be able to see him again. We got to share a lot of the plan of salvation, and I could tell that made her feel a little better. We're trying to meet with her, but she lives way out of town and it's hard to set up a meeting time. I pray that the Lord will comfort her in her time of need.

Yesterday in church a brother ordained his son to the Aaronic Priesthood. This father was kind of shy and quiet, but he did a great job and gave a solid blessing. I definitely got the warm fuzzies.

Fatjon still doesn't have a baptismal date, but he still wants to meet with us, and I count that as a success. He could take 59 years to get baptized, but as long as he doesn't disappear, I won't be disappointed.

In more light-hearted news, we found this piece of art near the stadium, and I just couldn't miss the opportunity.


The kids here are definitely cultured
Well, that's all for this week. Everyone, have a great life! It's all up to you whether it's happy or not.

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment