Wednesday, February 10, 2010

MTC Week 3

Ok, cool, another week gone. Days go by very fast in this strange, warped region of spacetime. The spirit is strong every day, and the firesides and devotionals on Sunday and Tuesday are always great. The language is coming along great; we taught our second "lesson" in only Albanian, and it went much, much better than last time. We could communicate enough to find out the investigator did believe in God, but thought he wouldn't talk to such insignificant creatures as us. We ran out of time before we could explain and testify that God does love us and he does guide us.

We're learning a lot of cool cultural stuff about Albania, too, like when someone gets a haircut, people will smack them on the back of the head and say "Shëndet!" which means "Good health!". And a big shout-out to my awesome-sauce cousin Heather, who graces us with her presence every once in a while with her cow-orker Paul (a little inside reference for my nerd friends, there).

Another story: I think the Lord is helping me in many strange and wonderful ways. Usually, I am very distrurbed by vomit. Today at breakfast, a poor elder couldn't keep his breakfast down, if you know what I mean. It was yellow. And spongy. Like the cornbread he ate. And he was trying to catch it. I would normally be totally grossed out, but I was fine! Yeah, the Lord works in mysterious ways...

Well, until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, only 6 more weeks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you are being blessed in mysterious ways. The vomit story is still a little disturbing even for a 'seasoned' mom and grandma like me. Glad you didn't add to the spongey-ness. Thanks for keeping us updated.
    Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elder Weaver's mom. I'm Elder Warburton's mom and am enjoying Mitch's letters. He has such a fun sense humor, I can see why Kevin likes him so much. Hope you don't mind me reading, it is like another little window into life at the MTC. My email is warann@gmail.com if you ever want to contact us.

    ReplyDelete