Wednesday, February 24, 2010

MTC Week 5

Whew, what to say, what to say?!? This Saturday will be my halfway day!!!1!!11~ It really doesn't feel like I've been here that long. I can't even remember what my first-day impressions of my teachers and companion and district were, it just feels like I've known them forever. Maybe I knew them in the pre-existence... ("that's not doctrine!": our new favorite catchphrase). The Old Hungarians are leaving Monday, and we're going to be as old as they were when we came in. Wow... These next 40-something days will go by faster than I can comprehend!

The Lord is helping out with the language so much I'm afraid He might have me mixed up with Moses or, like, someone who fasts 24/7. I'd been learning at a steady pace, thinking it was a normal pace, then WHAM! Everything started making super-sense! I think I've discovered how I learn best, and everything is coming more naturally. We're not teaching in English anymore, it's all Albanian, and I think that with the Spirit helping, I'll be OK! I'm far from fluent, of course, but I can almost express whatever I want to now. We're just working on actually speaking; we know most of the grammar principles. I'm getting more and more excited every day!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment