Monday, April 4, 2011

the one about curveballs

How I love General Conference! And I was lucky/blessed to be in Tirana this session, because we all got to go to the mission home and watch the Saturday and Sunday morning sessions. We only saw about 68% of the Sunday morning session because of technical difficulties, but it was still a great experience. Watching conference on your mission is much more satisfying, it seems. You're not watching the clock waiting for it to be over, and you soak up every word. I really liked the emphasis on helping out those less fortunate; there really are "opportunities right in our way".

Well, transfer calls were on Saturday night, and elder Seevers and I got a curveball we weren't expecting. We're both being transferred out of Tirana and into Fier. He's going to re-open an area and also train a new missionary, and I'm going to be companions with elder Anderson, the branch president of Fier. I'll get trained on how stuff works, then I'll become the branch president. It's kind of weird, since I was in the same area my second transfer in the country. I look forward to helping these people out as much as I can, and relying on the Lord the whole way, because there's not a snowball's chance in a really hot place that I could do this on my own.

I really hope things are going well back home, and that people are healthy, wealthy and wise!

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment