Monday, June 14, 2010

Week... hot



Mission log: It's hot. I seem to be excreting a permanent layer of water-proof oil. It keeps the sweat rolling around, but what the true purpose is, I have no idea. Candy melts inside of it's wrapper, even in the shade. The majestic tree-octopus has almost disappeared from the surrounding forests. Children cry because their ice cream melts in their hands before they can get a taste. My sweat rag is the only thing between me and insanity. The child in me wants to run through a sprinkler, if they had sprinklers here. But I'd probably get third-degree burns from the water. I have to plan ahead and freeze half a bottle of water if I want a cool drink. There is no cool-down period from a shower, only a warm-up period. I have a fan blowing on me all night long, never needing a blanket. The fan helps keep the mosquitos away, which seem to prefer my face and knuckles more than anything else.

On the cooler side of things, 2 of our investigators now have baptismal dates! These 2 mid-teen girls are friends who've been investigators a fairly long time. I'm thankful to the Lord they finally took that big step of setting a date. Now we're trying to meet with them 2 or 3 times a week to teach them more and review what they've already been taught before they get baptized. I'm excited to see this process; it's amazing to see the change in people's lives and countenances.

Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment