Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MTC Week 7

All right, it's not even funny anymore how fast time goes by. Only 27 more days or something like that. I'm to the point where if time were personified, I'd give it a roundhouse kick to the knees to try and slow it down. I'm enjoying every minute, and that's the problem: There's too many good things to do and not enough time to do them. The language is still coming slowly but surely, we're learning what I hope is the last of the grammar we'll need. Every time we teach I find myself surprised at what I can say. That's the Spirit there, helping my little brain remember what I've studied. We've pretty much learned all we need to learn about teaching; all that's left is to practice and develop our skills. Of course, you can never reach a point of perfection or adequacy; you can always be stronger when it comes to the Gospel. You just try every day to be a little bit better than the day before, and at some point you'll look back and realize that you've come a long way.

Hey, congratulations to my good friend Chris Heiner, who got his call to Tacoma, Washington! Man, there are a LOT of Elders & Sisters going to Washington; it sounds like the happening place for missionary work! I know Chris will convert many people and invite the Spirit with his infectous laugh.

Oh, and happy birthday, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment