Wednesday, March 24, 2010

MTC Week 9

Phew, only 13 days. I'm dedicating the majority of my energy reserves to the language, because everyone we've talked to has said that's probably the biggest hurdle in the field. I know I'll barely be able to hold a conversation, but I also know that if I have faith and just open my mouth, the Spirit will fill it with the things the Lord needs me to say. We've been doing a lot more "street contacting", just walking up to people and getting to know them and their needs, and I feel we're doing pretty well at that. Of course, when I get there, it'll be real Albanians with real questions and not teachers with an easy-to-discern concern. All of our teaching appointments go well, as long as we do as much as we can to have the Spirit there to witness to the investigator that what is being taught and what they're feeling are eternal truths. Of course, when I get there, it won't be a nice, comfy building with returned missionaries eager to listen to us try to teach them in Albanian. I'll have to put a lot more effort into genuinely caring about the people we teach. I'll have to put a whole lot more, in fact, all of my trust into the Lord. I'll need to do all I possibly can to be humble, pray constantly, and not worry about myself and what I'm going to say next. But you know what? (Well, you probably know what. You probably know a lot of things.) I'm really not that scared. There's a bit of nervousness, of course, but like I think I said before, there's a lot more excitement than fear. The MTC is a great place, don't get me wrong, but I think I'm ready to get out there.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment